Monday, September 18, 2006

Turn off the fax and let me outa here

We had a power cut this morning that lasted long enough that the fax machine (yes, they still use the fax in France) had to reset. When it resets, it goes through a self-test which makes quite a bit of noise. Whilst this was happening I heard Max scrabbling at the door into the house. I went to look and found that he had opened the door and that both he and Min were sitting down in the hall waiting to be let out. This machine has spooked him before, so now I've unplugged it. We only ever use it when someone wants a signature, which isn't very often. What happened to the brave, fearless dog that we bought?

***

William called in this morning because he wants to start tennis again. He has resigned as 'mayor of mayors' so now he has more time on his hands. Perfect timing as I have just decided to do a little more exercise. Battle commences Thursday.

No comments: