Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Has Ikea lost it?


This morning I went to the optician for my annual contrôle. Jan has to accompany me because by the time the good doctor has finished, an hour and three quarters later, I am unable to open my eyes properly. One of the checks she does is dilate my pupils so that sunlight becomes unbearable and that makes driving impossible. Ah well, at least it is only once a year, and she is very thorough.

***

Out for lunch today with Bob and Lynne. We haven't seen them for ages so there was lots to catch up on. It's always good to see them. They brought Harry, one of their black labradors, and he Max and Minnie had a great time.

***

Not content with spending 12 euros each for lunch, Jan and I headed off to Ikea for a little retail therapy. Contrary to our usual behaviour we only filled half a trolley which is some kind of record. If I have a criticism, we didn't find the choice of goods up to their normal standard and in particular their glassware. We usually just replace glasses as they become dishwasher scarred but they had none of the ones we normally use and we were disappointed with what was offered. Hmnnnnnn, are they starting to show a weakness?

No comments: