Monday, September 25, 2006

More ceps


Spot the design fault.
***
Vincent D popped round this afternoon to invite me to go find mushrooms with him tomorrow. The trip involved leaving at 05.00 and returning at 17.00. In the normal course of events, I would go, but as I have great difficulty understanding anything he says, being with him for 12 hours would prove to be a challenge that I could pass on. Let me be clear, Vincent is a very lovely man but he talks with a local dialect and has usually had one or two (but more likely 7). When I'm with him I just nod and smile and hope that I haven't agreed to anything too outlandish. I have to ask him to repeat eveything at least twice. If I'm with him for an hour I get a headache. Anyway, they sell ceps for 16 euros a kilo in the local supermarket and I'd spend a lot more than that in petrol!

No comments: