Friday, September 29, 2006

Scenes you seldom see


After showing Jan where everything was, and then showing her how to switch on the iron, I took this photo for posterity. I'll file it under 'scenes you seldom see.' Jan readily admits that she does not like ironing so she has found someone, in the village, who is superb. She is so good, that she irons better than my mother, and that's saying something. My mum used to iron creases in my underpants. It's no wonder that I walk funny!


***

We needed a couple of things in Sommieres this morning and because we finished at about 12.00 we decided to eat at a new resto that we'd heard about. The Villa Heloise, 13 Place des Aires, is a tastefully restored house, on the N110, in the square on the outskirts of Sommieres. The three course menu du jour was 17 euros ish including a quarter of wine. We ate off the carte menu, both starting with a small salad, which was good and then Jan had gambas and I had a magret. We both enjoyed our food. It was warm and fairly sunny so we ate outside, far enough away from the road to be comfortable, but not far enough away from the noise when about 40 Hell's Angels went past on their bikes.

No comments: