Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A marriage made in France


During tennis this morning William mentioned that he had also been invited to a mushroom hunt with Vincent yesterday. I told him that if I'd known that he was going I'd have gone too and proceeded to tell him why I refused. He thought that this was very funny and admitted that he couldn't understand Vincent either. Next time we will both go.


***

Whilst we were both in Decathlon picking up our newly serviced bikes, James (my No 1 son) rang this afternoon to tell me that he was now engaged to Pauline (Powlina - the German pronunciation)) and that they planned to get married next year. He further asked if we minded if they got married in France with a reception at our place. This was very unexpected but we were both absolutely delighted. Call me old fashioned, but I do like to see the next generation getting married rather than just living together. Anyway, we've held big parties before and a wedding is no different (except there are more fights!) so it will be fun.

No comments: