Friday, April 20, 2007

Stick to a plan


Only Milton showed up this morning so we played a couple of sets of singles. It was very hard work for me because he is quite agile (yes, agile isn't a word I'd use for you - Ed). He also has a powerful and difficult backhand, so my simple strategy was to keep the ball on his forehand to see what happened. It worked, but only just. I switched tactics at the start of the second set to see what difference it would make but it wasn't as effective, so I switched back and took the second set as well. I hope that he doesn't get to read this!



***

It looks like the French vote is too close to call and will go right to the wire. With a third of the voters still having to make up their minds it could go any way.
Look at this comment that I read on a site recently:

"I will vote for Bove. Only he will protect French farmers from US imperialism. It is only right that only France has agriculture in the EU - look at our cheese! I hope more UK farmers will now stop working and rely on French imports! If you want to be part of the US, then join! And only Bove will throw out all non-French companies from France."

What's scary, is this guy gets to vote at all. I suspect that a lot of people think in a similar way.



***

For some time now we have noticed the odd dead ant on our bed and recently realised that they might be coming from the ceiling. A closer inspection identified a few micrscopic holes in the ceiling plaster so we set about attacking them this afternoon. Goodness knows how they got there and what they live on (what exactly do ants eat?) and, more to the point, what the hell they are doing digging holes in the ceiling? It's a very tiny black ant, no more than about 2 mm long, and appears harmless enough. (That's what they said about Hitler - Ed.)

No comments: