Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Who's a pretty polly?


Owen fancies a hit this morning so we play a set. He's a good player and beats me 6-3. So that's Wales 1 England 0. Must try harder.


***

I'm in maintenance mood (or is it mode) this afternoon so it's up a ladder to see if I can fix the kitchen terrace light that our highly paid and qualified electricians inexplicably left not working. Even to me it makes sense that you connect wires to the power, if you want light, so I did. Replete with self satisfaction (don't you mean smug? - Ed.) I then fixed up the pretty polly that Jill and Harry bought us last time they were over.

***

Jan produced a really nice meal for dinner. We started with stuffed peppers, stuffed tenderloin of pork and my favourite pudding of all time, tarte au citron. Now it's no exaggeration to say that Jan has never made this for me in 10 years. I'm not a pushy kind of person (yeah right - Ed.) but to keep me waiting 10 years for a lemon pie is tantamount to cruel and unusual punishment. See what I've got to put up with? Anyway, I did my bit by opening a bottle (or two) of Domaine de Coursac, Révélation 2004. What a cracker!

No comments: