Thursday, May 25, 2006

And what happened 30 years later?

Owen and I had another hit this morning and he won again. I started like a steam train, smacking some heavy forehands, but he slowly reeled me in and he beat me 6-3, again. Wales 2 England 0. Bum.

***

Roxanne and Owen leave this morning and we're sorry to see them go. They are such a nice couple and I hope we see them again. They have invited us back to Oregon, which was kind, and at least I now know where it is.

***
From time to time I bang on about the complacency of the French wine industry and how I consider that Bordeaux and Burgundy produce overrated wine, of questionable quality and at inflated prices. 30 Years ago, in a blind tasting, by French professionals, Californian wines beat the top French wines hands down. Well, they have just had a re-run and guess what? Look here to see what happened. Despite how I feel about 'so called' top French wines, I have to say that the quality and price of wines from Languedoc takes some beating. Aren't we lucky?
***
We are out to Bob and Lynne's tonight for dinner but more of that tomorrow.

No comments: