Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Strikes



Assuming that they are not being paid to do so, if so many people can afford to keep going on strike isn't there an argument that they have too much time on their hands and are being paid too much? I say this because I was told at the weekend, by (a very left leaning) someone who I felt should know, that there are dockworkers in Marseilles who are paid €4000 per month for an 18 hour week.


As I write this, I hear in the background that they are going to use 'kick ass special forces' to unblock some petrol depots and open up petrol stations. Bloody hell, as if the CRS, riot police aren't tough enough.


It just goes to show that under French law a man has the right to his daily dose of Ginsters, Spicy Chicken Slice. Ahh, memories. 


This could get interesting.

No comments: