Saturday, July 26, 2008

Show me yours and I'll show you mine


Ben, Paula, Ave (Paula's mum) and 3 months old Kate arrived last night for a long weekend.

So, it was off to Sommieres market this morning for a picnic lunch at Elie's bar. They (the Barcelona contingent) find it strange that you can eat your own food at someone's bar and I must admit that I found it strange at first. All Elie wants you to do is ensure that you drink his stuff with your food. That's the easy bit!

Elie is such a nice man, which reminds me that I still haven't paid him for the 90 litres of beer that he let me have nearly a year ago (August 2007) for my son's wedding. I keep offering to pay and he keeps saying that he'll phone me when he works it out. Great for me and not so great for him. Still, there's nothing more that I can do. I wonder if I can put today's drink 'on the tab'?

It was great to see how many people came up to Jan and commiserated with her about her heart problems. We didn't realise just how many people liked her. Bob W, of course, had to point out that he'd had two stents inserted last year. A sort of 'mine's bigger than yours' syndrome. When my time comes, I'm going for nothing less than three. That'll show him.

1 comment:

mpprh said...

Hmm

I was off having one of my regular (but ineffective) injections of Culcha.

This time it was up in Lodeve and was some geezer called Kisling. He's dead of course - I doubt Alex even knew he had been ill ?

But if I'd known you were making a guest appearance, with money, I would have been there !

Culcha can wait if Hampshire has his hand in his pocket ?

Peter