Friday, July 04, 2008

French drivers


I have always said that each time I take to the roads around here I see a serious driving incident. Well this morning I saw three, the last one involving me.

The first was a woman driving towards us up a one way street. She was met by the car in front, also driven by a woman, who stopped to remonstrate with her. As the woman who stopped to remonstrate drove off she was so angry that she drove straight into a pillar at the side of the road. She then got out of her car to inspect the damage and locked the driver's door. After she had climbed in the other side, I could tell that she was not a happy lady by the way that she was throwing her possessions around in the car. The driver, who was coming up the street the wrong way, continued in the same direction after we had all squeezed past her. She did this rather than reverse for about 30 metres.

The third incident involved a car, driven by a woman, overtaking as she came towards me on a blind bend. I only just missed her.

There's a common denominator here, but to point it out would only open myself to an accusation of sexism!

2 comments:

Rosemary in Utah said...

Of course as I began to read this, I figured it was another joke-- So sorry you had a near miss!

Alex said...

Rosemary, yes it was a 'near miss'. Thank you for your kind words.