Sunday, July 20, 2008

A different perspective


Isn't modern medicine wonderful? I knew that Jan was feeling better the moment I walked through the door. Despite Nîmes still being a nightmare to drive across, as they clean up after the Tour de France, bloody cyclists, I walked into her room and put my cheeriest face on. Without a, 'nice to see you', 'missed you last night' my beloved started barking out her orders. It's so good to see her getting back to full health again. I've been so worried. God it's good to have her back.

It was only then that I realised how pleasant and peaceful it has been in the house. My poor love must have been so bored, not having to organise anyone or dish out orders. You can always rely on me to fulfil (don't you mean ignore? - Ed) her demands!

On a slightly different note, if I had a pound for every email or phone call that I've received, wishing Jan well, I'd be a very wealthy person. You are all very kind. Thank you! I'll let you know when I'm not feeling too good!

1 comment:

Rosemary in Utah said...

Keep those pillows plumped and ruffles ironed for her!