Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Decathlon


Along with what seemed like the rest of Nîmes, we popped into Decathlon this morning to buy some typical summery stuff. Whilst Decathlon doesn't have quite the same sex appeal as Gucci or Armani, it's a shop that makes you feel sporty (with weight loss just around the corner) and it's a step up from Man at Lidl or Man at Millets. And I nearly forgot, it's also very cheap!

Where to start? I headed for the cheap t-shirts first. This is one of the few shops that sells XXXL size clothes, which in modern parlance means that it's made with with normal people in mind. (You mean normal, as in abnormal? - Ed)

Next came some open sandals. Why, in regular use, do they get to smell so bad? Comparing notes with Bryan the other day we both agreed that our sandals smelt awful in daily use when it's not the case with other shoes. (Do we really need to know this? - Ed) You'd think it should be the other way round. But hey.

I love shops like Decathlon. They cater for so many different interests. I love just mooching about and looking. However, I knew it was time to leave when, as I passed Jan in an aisle selling some rather natty swim wear that I'd chosen, I heard her mutter, "What now, a bloody snorkel?" She can be so cruel, our Jan.

No comments: