Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I need meat!


James and Pauline left at lunch time having spent a feverish few days sorting things out for their wedding here in September. They have decided to hold a reception for all their guests on the terrace of the Carre D'Art in Nimes on the Friday evening and then have their wedding reception here on the terrace on the Saturday. It all looks good, with the exception that they only want about 120, of the 170 guests that they have invited, to actually turn up. There's a moral there somewhere! Anyway, the upside of their departure is that I get a break from eating bloody fish and vegetables. All I wanted was a big chunk of meat. So, what did Jan cook for dinner? Kedgeree! Not quite what you would call 'finger on the pulse!'

***

I braced myself to watch England play Andorra tonight. The last match against Israel was not good to watch and I'm getting close to giving up on them. There was nothing about tonight's performance that gives much hope for the future. The manager, McClaren, defended his group of millionaire wunderkinds as they laboured to beat what was nothing better than a pub team. In fact the group of Andorran part-timers (they only have TWO full-time professional players) outplayed the English team quite comfortably at times. What hope then when they meet a very good side, like my beloved Italy (you fink - Ed).

No comments: