Saturday, July 15, 2006

Spam glorious spam


I've always thought that spammers are a pretty dumb bunch, and now it looks like they have just got dumber. Recently I have started to receive tons of Japanese spam, written in Japanese script (if that's the correct word), filling my spam folder with stuff that I can't read. How smart is that? Thankfully, I now use Gmail for my primary email and their filters catch it all. However, there is one small pleasure that I miss by not getting 'English' spam and that's the unusual 'from names' that they invent. Names like Viona Aho, Amira Mills, Gap Infertile, Treasure Forgotten, but now I get chiharu, rie, jamesho and ayumi. I can't wait for the Chinese to start spamming!

***

The Lloyds arrive tomorrow and their pool is now crystal clear. It has to be seen to be believed. If it wasn't so full of chemicals, you could drink it!


***

I nip to Nîmes to pick up Robert and his children and when I got back I shipped Max out to kennels for a week. He has become a real handful over the last few days, trying to get at Minnie. All the men I mention this to seem to understand fully but the women frown! Ignoring the damage that he was causing, I felt that it was fairer for him to have a little holiday. A sort of doggy cold shower.

No comments: