Monday, July 17, 2006

Scotland's shame


Jan left for the UK today to help Rebecca with her new baby and leaving me to look after our visitors. Seems like a fair swop? I freely admit that I'm not a 'baby person'. When children can walk and talk then I'm in my element, but I'm not too good when all they do is eat, shit and stare at you. To cheer me up the Lloyds arrived late last night so that when our visitors leave tomorrow I'll have some company. If, on the other hand, any kind reader fancies a few days in the sun and, most importantly, likes to cook, I can offer a bed and as much wine as you can drink. Can't say fairer than that!

***

Ten days ago (Scotland nul points: 7th July) I wrote about Scottish bigotry. It appears that this blog reaches even the upper echelons of the Scottish parliament. Take a look here and you can see that there is a movement to try and eradicate "Scotland's shame." As usual, you read it here first!

***

To save the embarrassment of me having to prepare a meal, our visitors very kindly took me out for dinner. Monday nights are difficult around here but as usual Mas de Roux (above) was open so off we went to enjoy their huge starters, veggie everything for the guests and a huge duck breast, cooked on the open fire, for me. You can only have so much vegetarian food before the urge to chew on a big chunk of meat takes over. Yum.

No comments: