Sunday, July 30, 2006

A placket of five splice please

An early trip to the market in Sommieres yesterday morning was followed by a quick trip to Nimes to drop Rob and Lorraine for their flight home, and then on to the Chinese supermarket in Nimes for some essential spices.

***
We popped into Quissac this morning to buy bread and the Sunday Times. I seem to remember that somebody once said "Man shall not live on bread and the Sunday Times alone," or something like that. Well, I disagree, because it does ok for me. Anyway, I bought the bread and Jan went off to buy the paper. She met Alain the artist (both paint and piss, you can choose) who is going to pop in for a drink next week. (Note to self: get a fresh supply of drink in!) Whatever, Jan is hopping mad at the rudeness of three French men who barged passed her as she was leaving the paper shop. This made me think about what etiquette I adopt when entering or exiting a space. Generally speaking I always let people out of a space, because it makes more room for me inside. The exception to this is when leaving a toilet, because those entering always have a far greater need than those exiting. Sounds fair?

***

I can't help but feel that we have been burning the candle a bit too fiercely just recently and I'm looking forward to a bit of a break in the next couple of weeks. Having said that the Lloyds came round for dinner tonight and Jan prepared amongst other things her famous barbecued ribs. Hence the visit to the Chinese supermarket yesterday. See how neatly it all fits!

No comments: