Friday, July 07, 2006

Scotland, nul points

Scotland is the only country in the world in which I have been racially abused. There has been a lot of discussion recently about the Scots supporting any of the teams that England play, but never supporting England. I find this quite offensive. I wouldn't dream of not supporting Scotland (if they could ever produce a team that was good enough) to play in the World Cup. This article (follow the link to the Scottish car experiment), and there are many more, tends to confirm my dislike of this unpleasant Scottish attitude. I dislike bigotry however it is manifested and bigotry from one of the countries that makes up the UK is even harder to take. Shame on Scottish bigots.

***

On a more uplifting note, this article, if true, suggests that Sophia Loren will pose for the next Pirelli calendar. Now I'm not at all prudish and I'm very happy to look at naked ladies but please, do we need to be looking at 71 year old women with their kit off? Anyway, I think I'll take a peek, just to confirm my distaste!

***

Chris and H, and Neil and Lawrence left today. They are all such nice people and we are sorry to see them go.

No comments: