Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Home alone


When I first saw this answer to an exam question, I burst out laughing. Maybe I should have cried?

***

Our guests left this morning and so now the house is empty. Now there's just Minnie and me (that's a good name for a song - Ed.). I will probably enjoy this for a day or two but then it will wear off. Minnie isn't the greatest conversationalist. There are upsides, like I can choose my comfort foods and also when to eat them. For lunch I made myself a tomato and basil sandwich, well 2 actually - bread and butter, sliced tomato lots of salt and lots of basil leaves. Heaven.
For dinner I made a salad, barbecued 2 lamb steaks and finished some apricot crumble that was taking up too much room in the fridge. It has been there so long I can't even remember when it was first made. It tasted ok to me (but then most stuff does - Ed.).

No comments: