Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Why are women so smart?

I'm sitting at the computer wondering outloud what I'm going to write about today, when Katie (aged 11) happens to mention that because it is only 10.42 am, that I hadn't actually done too much yet. This is the second time in the last seven days that I've received a smart ass comment from a female. Why are women so smart or is it just the female knack of stating the bloody obvious?
(Maybe it's just your knack of saying stupid things - Ed.)

***

Another senior moment! I'm expecting a parcel from UPS today but forget to switch on my mobile. Needless to say he calls, leaves a message asking for directions to the house, and by the time I get the message, he is miles away so we have to rearrange. Some delivery companies are spot on and find us without help, others are useless and make little or no effort, presumably because they have tight schedules. I understand that it must be difficult in a rural environment to make precise deliveries but in this day and age with GPS navigation it should be a cinch. UPS are certainly big enough to have this sorted out by now. Anyway he calls later and I get my parcel.

***

The parcel is from www.achatfacile.fr, it contains the answer to something that has been bugging me for some time. For whatever reason my wireless home network provides poor coverage in certain parts of the house. Netgear.com have come up with the answer. This product (Wall-Plugged Wireless Range Extender WGXB102) simply uses the wiring in your house to extend the wireless signal. It works a dream, so now I'm a happy bunny and can tick one more little irritation off my list.
(I bet Jan's got a big irritation that she'd like to tick off her list - Ed.)

No comments: