Monday, August 01, 2005

The art of kissing

Isn't kissing a strange activity? Why do we do it and why is it pleasurable? Just some of the many thoughts that passed through my mind as I lay in my pit this morning. So having a somewhat enquiring mind, I Googled "kissing" and found a lot of funny stuff like:

What to do if you bang teeth (Tell your partner you're so very keen to kiss him or her that you're getting dizzy just standing so close. Dizzy with excitement! They'll believe you. Then get back to kissing . . .and get dizzy for real).

Silence - every now and again say something (even if it's blub, sloop, slurp)

What to avoid - bad breath (gross) - boring kissing (open your mouth for God's sake) - too much tongue (leave the tonsils alone) and rigor mortis (personally, I always get rigor mortis, but not the kind they're talking about!)

There are kissing books, kissing DVDs, kissing road shows, kissing clubs, French kissing, kissing with braces (well how else do you keep your trousers up?), the list goes on. Why wasn't I told all about this sooner?

***

I've been here three years and I've only just realised that banks around here shut on Monday. I know that all shops shut on Sunday and that a lot of shops shut on Monday, however this not totally consistent, because in nearby Quissac some shops are actually open on Sunday. A lot of restaurants also shut on Monday and at various other times during the week, so you always have to check. I know one restaurant that is open on Monday but closes at the weekend. Coming from a 7 day a week opening culture, I still find the inconsistency hard to adapt to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should keep your teeth in separate glasses !!!!

Ric