Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Stunning views


The view from our room is stunning (below left), and makes up for any small deficiencies. We spent the morning down by the pool before we explored the town for a bite to eat. Lunch can best be described as poor when compared to last night’s extravaganza. It’s easy to get spoilt around here!


***


I’m writing all this stuff on my old Dell laptop and will post to Blogger when I get back, having failed to get a wifi connection in our room. I went down to the lobby and the best reading I could get was 41%, which they expect me to pay for, so no thank you. Come to our house and you get high-speed wireless internet access for free!


***

We left the hotel at about 7.00 pm, to sit on the main drag and soak up some of the atmosphere, whilst sinking ‘one or two’ prior to dinner. Whilst I am taking a picture of Jan, I noticed the French equivalent of a Working Men’s club (above right) behind her, that (if you look very closely) was formed in 1884 and demands proof of membership before you are allowed entry. Up the workers!! What really sparked my imagination was the waitress for our aperos, who brought Jan’s demi-peche and my vodka tonic. She plonked Jan’s drink on the table and also my vodka, but proceeded to hold the tonic bottle between her legs whilst she took the cap off. Very exciting, if you are into that sort of thing!


***

We ate in the Le Petit Jardin, the hotels ‘other’ restaurant under a full moon. We enjoyed the meal, but frankly it wasn’t quite as good as the previous night. Ooh, you little gourmet you! I can think of one couple, not a million miles from Vancouver Island, British Columbia, who would love this place. After dinner we moved back onto the ‘main drag’, which was eerily quiet, for a couple of pre-bed drinks. The atmosphere was warm, tranquil and quiet and very calming before we hit the sack. This is a very nice town.

No comments: