Thursday, August 11, 2005

Spammers again

Unfortunately I have just started to receive spam by people using 'comments'. At first sight, these look like genuine comments but when you look at them closely, they are invites to visit other sites, with all the potential trouble that that entails. I was aware that this might be a possibility but had turned comments on hoping that it would not arise. If it becomes a problem, then I will turn comments off. So in true business speak - thank you for your understanding.

***

A couple of strange electrical gremlins have occurred in the last 24 hours. First, the television, or one of the boxes attached to it, caused the main 'fuse to blow' for part of the house. This caused both computers and other stuff to shut down in another part of the house. And secondly the main fridge, or the socket that it is plugged into caused another 'fuse to blow' shutting down other stuff. Both incidents happened at different times and I don't think were connected. Somewhere, in the not too pleasant recesses of my mind, I seem to remember that we had a similar occurrence at about this time last year. Strange.

***

Evidently I slept through the mother and father of all storms last night. I keep telling Jan that if she went to bed with anything like my clear conscience, she'd sleep soundly as well. Does she listen? I think not!

***

We went with the Lloyds to the night market in Nimes tonight. The atmosphere was terrific with a flamenco troupe playing just behind the Maison Carré, a string quartet playing near our restaurant and a myriad of other bands and stalls being invaded by hundreds of people. Tom (14) and I shared a second pizza whilst all the others chickened out. Jan and Katie (11) spent a fruitfull hour buying a lot of presents, whilst Gill (the mum) bought a ski hat. Very useful in the middle of summer! Far be it for me to pass any comment, but you will notice that women make up the majority of the aforementioned shoppers. The men, me, Tom and Terry (grandpa), bought nothing at all, but hung around enraptured waiting for the shoppers to not make up their minds! Great!

No comments: