Monday, May 09, 2005

Will I ever tire of the trip to the airport?

Bloody right I will!

Especially after last nights barbecue. We drank rather a lot 'in aid of the local economy' so today will be known as 'fragile Monday'.

Anne, Cilla, Helen, Jane and Sue get to the airport on time, only to be met with an officious check-in clerk who insisted that they either redistribute their excess baggage (all bottles) or drink it on the spot. It was a bit too early for another drink, so knickers have to move over to hand luggage and bottles get to fly in the hold! It's just as well he didn't realise that we had lots of bottles hidden out of sight, which were going to be carried on as further hand luggage, or they might never have got away.

Later this afternoon, Jan and Rob drag me out for a 'short' walk with Max. This short walk consisted of walking over and around a mountain and lasted hours. Well, 90 minutes. You can walk for hundreds of miles in every direction, without ever touching another town, simply by staying on the DFCI's, forestry tracks to you and me. It felt like I covered most of them! Back for a well earned drink, just when I thought I'd have a day off the juice.

No comments: