Friday, May 13, 2005

What's the difference between a grockle and a Mozilla

It's raining this morning and it's a little cooler so I look like a real donkey walking around the supermarket in Sommieres, in shorts and T-shirt. Permanent residents here call tourists 'grockles'. They are identified by their penchant for wearing shorts, T-shirts and sandals, when the locals, particularly the French, wear several heavy layers at any temperature below 25C.

I suppose that makes me a 'permanent grockle'! (Expect smart ass comments from Bob and Chris - Ed.)

It turns out that there isn't a one click answer to opening a new page in a new window in IE, (if you don't have a clue about what I'm talking about, move on to the next paragraph, but more to the point why didn't you read yesterday's post?) and it looks like I'm going to give Mozilla Firefox a try. Thank you, Jon.

As I sit here typing, Jan walks in proudly, and asks me to try the elderflower cordial that she has just made. It's absolutely fantastic, as good as shop bought! (You're missing the point - Ed.) There are lots of Elderflower bushes around here so I anticipate lots more of this nectar. This high sugar drink won't do my diabetes any good but at least it contains 0.0001% of natural flavouring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shorts in Intermarche, Sommieres.

In May ? Are you mad ? Or foreign ?

Well, as it happens I got caught between cleaning the pool, mowing the lawn and a visit to the Weldom DIY shop and went to Intermarche in shorts.

Yep everyone stared.

Peter