Friday, May 27, 2005

My living will

An acquaintance died suddenly the other day and it got Jan and I talking about what to do with our ashes. I told her that when I die I want my ashes sprinkled over the swimming poo. Some other bugger can clean it out for a change!
***
Despite our inability to even form words correctly, it's off to Aigues Mortes for lunch. Will treats us to an excellent lunch at a fish restaurant on the east side of the main square (as you can gather I failed to pick up a card). Back home via Nimes with a quick drive past the Maison Carre and the Arene (this is how sight seeing should be done) to prepare for a meal at La Fourneau de Clelia in Aigremont. This is the second time that we've eaten there, and this meal is better than the last. We have two excellent wines, one local white, Mas d'Espanet 2003 (Denys Armand) from St Mamert (a Viognier, Sauvignon, Chardonnay mix) and the other, L'Enfer, a red Corbiere from Castelmaure scv. We shall be tracking the white down and buying from the domain. Will pays for the meal again. Thank you Will!

1 comment:

Chris said...

You have swimming poo? Man, you're weird.