Saturday, May 07, 2005

Sommieres and wine tasting - again

The girls were either coached or played tennis for over 7 hours yesterday. Makes me tired just to think about it.

Talking about making me tired thinking about it, I took Max for a walk at 7.30 am. What's going on around here?

By way of a change, we all leave for Sommieres market this morning with the intention of calling at the Carnas Cave Cooperative on the way back. They are running an open day with free tastings and organised viewings of wine production. We think that Carnas produces the widest range of good quality reasonably priced wines for everyday consumption. They regularly win medals for some of their wines and their Blanc de Blancs at about 6 euros a bottle puts most champagne to shame. What with all the wine tasting and wine for lunch, I have no idea how they played tennis all afternoon. But they did.


The pool hit 24C this afternoon and I was very tempted. So tempted that I put one foot in, UP TO THE ANKLE NO LESS, before sitting in the sun to assuage the offended appendage. Jan, of course, went straight in and nearly put me to shame, until I remembered that women have an extra layer of fat, so can withstand extremes of temperatures more easily than us men.

Thai green chicken curry tonight - yippee.

1 comment:

Bob Walder said...

Sorry we missed you at Sommieres on Saturday - we took Harry for his first market and first restaurant experience - determined to bring him up as a French dog! He did us proud - and he loves sitting on the parcel shelf on the back of the car.... that can't last long....!