Saturday, May 28, 2005

Who stole the Fougasse?

I'm out buying the croissants and remembering that Will likes Fougasse, I buy him one for breakfast. My thoughtfulness is short lived because no sooner has Jan laid the table than she notices that Max has taken it and is eating it in the orchard. Nice one Max. Yet one more thing that we now have to watch!

***

A quick trip to Sommieres market with Will and Ginny, who then shoot off for a round of golf. I have to nip to Montpellier to pick up Mike, Joanna, Wayne and Kate. I get there at 11.15 to find that a truck has hit the plane on the stand at Gatwick and they now have an estimated arrival time of 15.00. I decide to stay and grab a sandwich. At 13.00 I check the eta again to find that the new eta is 16.40. Bum, bum, bum! Rather than stay there for another 4 hours it's back home to sit it out. They finally arrive at 17.15 after a 6 hour wait at Gatwick. Looking at the number of carrier bags, I think the shops got a hammering.

***

Whilst I'm on the airport run, Jan takes Ginny and Will to an abrivado in nearby Durfort. I think that this is the first one of the year in these parts, but if you want a full list look here. They also take a quick look at Sauve. M,J,W and K go to eat at the same restaurant as we did last night so we can help them with our favourite dishes and the wines. We stay in and eat one of Jan's Indian curries.

No comments: