Monday, May 12, 2008

Where's it gone


Something very strange has happened. Since we met, nearly 12 years ago, Jan and I have generally drunk half a bottle each with dinner, every day. (Sometimes more - Ed) In other words we drank, on average, a bottle of wine a day. But suddenly, and for no apparent reason we have stopped. I think that I started it when, just after Christmas last, it didn't taste good in my mouth. I seem to remember that we were tasting various reds to find one that we both enjoyed and none of them tasted very good. As each further day passed we were both less inclined to drink. So much so that I rarely even think about it now, unless we're with company, and then I end up regretting it later. What's going on?
Anyway, I mention this by way of a part explanation as to why I'm losing weight. Since February, I have lost 3 kilos and frankly I don't feel that I'm really trying. So consuming less calories and more exercise, with singles tennis twice a week, equals weight loss. It's true what they say! Good eh?

No comments: