Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Spanish wine


Last year's newly weds W & C arrived today, and when asked how married life was suiting him W said, "The sex is great." Don't you just love people who are honest and straightforward?
Whilst my beloved cooked up a storm, I did my bit by opening a storm. My saintly, sober persona took a bit of a bashing last night because we tried a couple of different Spanish wines. Both W&C know and enjoy their wine so it was a sensible time to open some stuff that had been burning a hole on my pocket, as it were. The first, a barrel aged Palacios Bornos Verdejo 2006 was excellent, (not unlike a decent Chardonnay - Mark) just my style of drinking white and the second a red Celeste Rioja from the Torres stable was right up there as well. Unfortunately we drank just a little too much, so much so that at 09.29 this morning I remembered that I'd agreed to meet Bryan at 09.30. I just hate being late for anything.

No comments: