Sunday, May 25, 2008

Self righteous


God, I feel self righteous. For, let's say a couple of years, Jan has been asking me to get the Karcher out and clean the moss and other dirt off the big terrace. Today was the day. I couldn't think of one more excuse or one more delaying tactic. Boy, it really needed doing. There was dirt/moss everywhere.
Having said that, I quite like the 'lived in' look. Moss makes a place look, er, mossy. It has that sort of relaxed, dirty feel. The sort of feel that only people who are really self confident can display. (The sort of feel that only slobs have - Ed)
Anyway, I know what you're thinking, how come it's covered in moss? Well, this small area of terrace gets no direct sunlight, ever. It's in a north facing corner and despite the heat, the moss will grow. Bring it on.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Did ours a couple of weeks ago, just love the old Karcher! I borrowed one from the golf club, the dam thing was so powerful it nearly blew my foot off.