Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mr Magoo


Along with many of my age, I now need glasses for reading. Got my glasses, so no problem there. What really irritates me though is the difficulty I have telling the time when I don't have my reading glasses on. My watch becomes a shiny blurred image that is worse than useless. Why can't someone design a clear, clean watch face that blind sods like me can read without having to put glasses on. Surely it's not too much to ask.
Talking of people who can't see. The other day Jan was driving the car and she observed that the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel had small raised dots. She asked me what the dots were for. She was not amused when I said I thought that it was probably Braille, to help blind people find there way around the steering wheel. She doesn't always like my witticisms.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Alex, go digital; I bought a cheap one in the market with big numbers that even lights up, it’s bloody perfect. Christ I beginning to sound like my old man!!

MrsJ said...

I think Big Ben is what you need!

Jacqui
xxxx