Friday, February 09, 2007

Tommy Cooper


Apropos of nothing, I was reminded of Tommy Cooper the other day. As with most comedians he wasn't everybody's favourite, but I loved his zany, off the wall humour. Two of his jokes:


I went to the doctor. He said 'you've got a very serious illness'.
I said 'I want a second opinion'.
He said 'all right, you're ugly as well'.
*
I went to the dentist. He said "Say Aaah."
I said "Why?"
He said "My dog's died."
***
Further to my post on dangerous driving the day before yesterday, on our way back from Nimes this afternoon, a car overtook us on a blind bend at something approaching 160 Kph (100 Mph). We were travelling at about 100 Kph and he went past us as if we were standing still. More fool him, you might say, but if he'd hit another car, they'd have stood no chance and we'd have been killed by shrapnel.

No comments: