Friday, February 02, 2007

A very small taste of fame


I've been recognised. I accompanied Jan to the optician this morning because a) she (the optician) sometimes puts drops in your eyes and you can't see anything and b) because she talks so fast that it can be very difficult to understand her. Two heads being better than one! As we sat and waited she walked in and said to me, "I recognise you. Do you blog?" Evidently she Googled a chocolate shop in Sommieres (Courtin) that I have written about and my post came up. She recognised my mug shot. 'Tis a funny old world.


***

I'm beginning to miss all my spam. I get the usual few legitimate emails each morning, and that's it. The Gmail spam filter stops any stuff getting into my Outlook Express inbox which looks empty and forlorn most mornings. How I miss messages from people with names like:

Mictlantecuhtli Scarbou
Rocelle Cantu
Tanit Winebrenner
Dante R Lahe
Lilia Whang

I hope they're still writing to you!

No comments: