Saturday, February 10, 2007

You gotta kicka da ass



Bryan wrote yesterday asking who I'd be supporting today (England play Italy at rugby). He got the smart answer, I replied that I couldn't lose. The truth is, my heart wants Italy to win at least one game but my head said that it wouldn't be today. Still, like watching the English football team, you live in a forlorn hope!
***
Max was in a right tizz this morning. I'm not sure why this morning, because Min has been on heat for several days, but he was yelping, very, very agitated and he repeatedly kept trying to mount her (takes me back to my youth). I suspect that at least 50% of the population have a good understanding of how he was feeling, don't you boys? Anyway, Minnie got a little distressed, kept rejecting him and kept plonking her rear end on the floor suggesting that she was not in the mood. I suspect that other 50% of the population understand what I'm talking about too, don't you girls?
It distressed me to see Max so agitated so it was off to the kennels with him. Boy, was he up for it. Fortunately his run had a wire netting roof on it because Max was leaping up the two metre fence with ease. It was quite spectacular. Even the kennel lady stood there open mouthed.
***
After dropping Max we headed to Sommieres for a wee drink with Bryan and Gill but more importantly to get a present for this evening. Normally when we go out for dinner we would take a bottle or two of wine and maybe some chocolates. Not so here. It's not unusual for a guest to turn up with a huge floral arrangement or somesuch. On one occasion someone turned up with a lemon tree.

No comments: