Thursday, June 02, 2005

Well I never

I keep daily weather statistics for our village, because I'm a very sad person. Each month, after I have calculated average temperatures etc, I ask Jan what she believes the average for the month has been. She unfailingly gets it right to within half a degree. I asked her what she thought the average was for May, "oh between 23 and 24" she said. It was actually 23.9C. Where am I going wrong?

(Isn't it a question of how clever she is? - Ed)


***

We now see another 2 snakes, both recent roadkill within 30 metres of each other. From leading a relatively peaceful and boring life, I'm seeing snakes all over the place. I don't think it's anything that I'm taking!

***

Mike and Joanna leave today, and we'll miss them both. This means that we'll be rattling around in this place until tomorrow when my mother arrives. At various times Jan gets really fidgety because she feels that she should be preparing a meal. Notwithstanding that, we spend a nice afternoon by the pool. Bliss.

No comments: