Monday, June 06, 2005

All the motivation you need to lose weight

I've just finished reading "The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency" by Alexander McCall Smith. It was first published in 1998, so forgive me if you have read it, but if you haven't, I recommend it.

***

Tennis first thing, followed by several hours in the garden. Mum and Jan weed the beds, whilst I do much more manly things with a petrol driven strimmer. This thing vibrates so much that it takes about an hour for the tingling in my hands to stop!

***

Talking about a tingling in your hands, I nip to my doctor to get my prescription renewed, to find that he is temporarily replaced by the beautiful, tall (female) Dr J. As usual she takes my blood pressure. She takes my arm and nestles it gently next to her stomach (careful, the kids aren't in bed yet - Ed.) and I'm amazed to find that it's quite normal. I must be losing it! Anyway, she recommends that I see a nutritionist - yes doctor, anything you say doctor - which is a nice way of saying that I'm a fat bastard and that if our relationship is to go any further, I have to lose some weight. Oh yes, and it will help my diabetes as well. As this is the year of getting into better shape, I'm happy to oblige. Watch this space.

No comments: