Friday, June 10, 2005

Welcome home - thank God you're back

Jan returns today so I busy myself with making the bed in order to show my beloved that I'm a full, hands on, nineties man. (What century are you living in? - Ed.)

Thank God my mother's here to cook two meals and clean the house whilst I make the bed. Jan makes it look so easy! After I've had breakfast (and made the bed) I just have enough time for a quick shower before it's off to Nimes for the afternoon flight from Luton. Work, work, work, work, work, that's all it is when Jan's away.

***

Joe Cocker is playing in the arene at Nimes in July, so we nip into FNAC to see if there is a seating plan and purchase tickets. I say seating plan, because the last time we saw Elton John in concert, we had to sit on stone steps for the full gig, a non stop two and a half hours. This may have been ok for the citizens of ancient Nimes and Roman soldiers, who enjoyed watching people getting murdered, but not for us soft arsed folk.

There's nothing to beat a live band. The last time we saw one was when we went to see Joe Jackson in Paris. A group of us went, some from the south of France and others from England, all organised by that icon of all things computer, author, and trainee chef, Chris W. Thanks Chris, it was a good gig. By the way, if you are looking to buy a stone built farmhouse here in Gard, Chris is selling one.

***

Remember my little rant about French politicians on 31st May - (Where's my bucket and spade?), well take a look here. You will note that this article was written on 10th June. The moral of the story is, read this blog and you get all the important news and comment way before anyone else.

No comments: