Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I just love these "find it if you can" computer problems

Last night Cara (No 1 daughter) prepared dinner and I barbecued Dorade to a secret recipe only known to a select few (thank you Lynne) and very nice it was too. Just in case you are not one of the select few look at page 56 of this month’s Sainsbury’ Magazine. You can’t say that I’m not well read.

***

We lost our internet connection sometime on Sunday. I made a futile attempt to sort things out with the Wanadoo helpline, to be dismissed by someone who was brusque and who gave no quarter despite my request for understanding as a useless foreigner (feelthy Engleesh peeg). It’s at times like this that I wished that the “entente” was a bit more “cordiale”. I got nowhere. It was then that I remembered that France Telecom have an English speaking helpline. The chap who responded was very helpful, made contact with technical support, who promised to call me back when they had checked the line. It is now 20.00 on Tuesday evening and still no call. It’s that old chestnut of French customer service rearing its ugly head again. I’ll call again in the morning. Watch this space, but of course you can’t until I get back online.

No comments: