Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Pools, visitors and cheap printers

After the strong winds of the last few days, the pool is full of rubbish and needs cleaning again. That's my job for this morning.

Clean, it looks so inviting that I feel like jumping straight in, but, with a temperature of 11C, not even brass monkeys would survive. I'll get the heating going in the next day or so, so that it will at least be warm for a school reunion planned for May.

Jill and Harry arrive today so it's off to the airport. The Ryanair flight is, as usual, early, so a quick turn round and back home to instal a new printer.

It's difficult to believe how the price of printers has fallen over the last few years. I seem to remember that an HP LaserJet 4 cost me about £1200 in 1993. Jan bought a printer, scanner, copier for about £250 in 2001 and we have just now bought a similar machine for £66.

No comments: