Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Pomp and circumstance

I'm not really sure that they made the right decision.

I was brought up as a Catholic, and was taught variously by nuns, and later by priests in a Jesuit College, in Leeds. It explains why I have a passing interest in what happens in the Catholic Church. For various reasons, I no longer practice, but if you read this article, articlehttp://news.independent.co.uk/europe/story.jsp?story=631203 and you feel that this church should move forward, and start to relate better to its many followers, who in Europe are deserting it in droves, then Benedict 16th is not your man.

If you don't give a shit, then I sympathise with your views as well.

On a slightly lighter note, if they had offered me the position, then I would have taken the title Pompous 1st and Jan would have been known as The Pompette. Max, our beloved pooch, would be responsible for dogma, and my cardinals would all be known as Pomposities.

I'm currently writing a theological paper, and, when I get my mission up and running, I will publish details here. All I will say at this stage, is that if you want to join, it will cost you, because I like fast cars and even faster women.

No comments: