Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Back to the box? and great food

Yippee, the TV repair man is scheduled to arrive at 11.30 am today. Remember, I said scheduled because this is France, and he ain't here til he gets here! He calls at 10.30 am, to say can he meet me near the motorway and give me a box to try, excuse, excuse, excuse. No I say, because the problem's probably with the antenna. He finally arrives at................ go on, guess. Yet again he does not show up. What is it with these people? If you, unlike me, like to waste your time hanging around for someone who says one thing and then does another (when I was young it was called lying) then I will gladly give you this company's name.

But the good news is ...................we are invited to Bob and Lynne's for a "scratch supper". Now, I have no idea what a "scratch supper" means, but I can certainly recommend one to you!

We start with asparagus sitting on pancetta with Parmesan cheese and a poached egg on top. And that was just the starter - yummy! To follow we had gnocchi with a wonderful cheese sauce and for desert a chocolate pudding, soft in the middle with raspberries on the side. What was it she said about scratch supper?

From now on, I want scratch suppers!!

Bob, not to be outdone, serves his favorite red (name withheld because I don't want to start a rush on it) but you can get it from http://www.picwines.co.uk ,an excellent wine company based just 20 minutes from here, and who really know their stuff.

Whenever we have eaten at Bob and Lynne's they always push the boat out, and if you like good food and good wine, I seriously suggest that you get to know them.

On top of all this, we meet Arri their new black Labrador puppy, who is soooooo cute. A wonderful evening!

No comments: