Saturday, December 16, 2006

Who's not bright?


Jan and I are both full of cold and not feeling too bright, so both yesterday and today were heavy going. J&H came round for dinner on Friday and then we took them to the airport today.
This is the first time that I have covered the pool for winter so on the way back from the airport I popped into a pool shop to get some floats that need to float diagonally across the pool in order to allow for expansion if any ice forms. And all I ever thought you had to do was get in and swim. Bloody pool.
Also concerned about our palm trees, we popped into Truffaut to get advice on protecting them from winter frost. What happened to planting something and then walking away from it?


***

We finished translating the last of Vincent's letters at 23.33 tonight with the last one being particularly tricky. You read the French and you understand what he is saying, but then you have to make a sensible and well constructed letter out of it. Anyway, I was pleased with the final result and I just hope Vincent is as well.

No comments: