Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas is coming




It's starting to feel very Christmassy. Carols, from Kings College Chapel Choir Cambridge, playing in the background, Jan dressing the Christmas tree (before and after above) and me, sitting with my feet up, stuffing my face with mince pies. You can't get more Christmassy than that.

***

This made me laugh. If you're not well travelled, and, by the way, whilst I like Paris a lot, I don't think that it is the most user friendly place on earth. But then, what capital city is?
***
Michel, our favourite local macon, turned up today to start fixing various things around the house. The garage is built right next to a steep bank and floods when it rains heavily. He started by lowering the surrounding terrain around the garage, digging drainage channels and then, together we put in some agricultural drainage. (Do we really need to know all this? - Ed.) He's coming back tomorrow to start putting a roof on the kennel. Unfortunately it's the only way we can keep Max in the kennel, without chaining him in.

No comments: