Friday, December 22, 2006

Whirlpool take note


I'm not sure about the rest of France, but around here, in some villages, you come across communal, open air wash houses. Basically it's a huge stone built 'bath' with running water and covered with a roof. The one above which I saw recently in Parignargues (30) was unusual in that it was full of water and ready for use.
***
Michel turned up as agreed and started to cover the chenile. He thinks it very funny that I go to so much bother for the dogs. Most of the time the dogs are either in the house or in the garden but for the odd occasion that we have to keep them in the kennel I want to know that they are comfortable and safe. More to the point, when Jan gets pissed off with me, I'd like to think that I've got somewhere warm and dry to sleep.

No comments: