Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Salt and pepper icons





Is this the shape of the last 30 years? I first came across this style of salt and pepper pot, in the US, during the 70's. I obtained a blue painted pair for Jan in the UK in the late 90's to match her kitchen decorations, and these two beauties adorned our table in a hotel in France just the other day. A trans global cruet set that stands the test of time. Wish I'd invented them!
By the way you can see exactly what Jan has for breakfast!


***

You begin to understand why the Turks may find it difficult to gain acceptance in the EU when you read this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6175893.stm Anyway, when I was a kid, if I remember correctly, Turkey was shown on a map as Asia Minor. Nothing too European about that. Who changed the boundaries and why wasn't I told?


***

This morning, around 30 of us met up in the village of Combas and took a 2 hour walk. Bryan, being careful not to get sued, chose a much safer route this time. Then it was back to B&G's house for mulled wine. Contrary to what we have just been experiencing in England it was a crisp, sunny day, just right for a walk. Excellent.

No comments: