Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I need help

It rained on and off for most of yesterday so I took the opportunity, during my enforced captivity, to finish the data inputing that I had started the day before. I type pretty much with one finger and by the end of the day my right index finger was very sore. (Such a big brave boy - Ed.)


***

Jan and I have felt for some time that one or two of our French neighbours talk in a racist way but haven't thought much about it, other than trying to avoid them. This article suggests that the problem is much more widespread. I wonder what the equivalent figures for other countries are.

***

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. My mother called today to mention that she has now received junk mail, mailed to two different names that she does not recognise, at her address, and that she is very worried. When I asked what she is worried about she said that as she lives on her own these things can be very worrying and what should she do? I tried, probably not very successfully, to explain that she had nothing to worry about. It made me reflect on the problems associated with elderly people living on their own and how vulnerable they can feel. I need to be more sympathetic and more patient. (You should talk to your care worker about it - Ed.).

No comments: