Thursday, March 09, 2006

Happy Birthday


In order to get a few things for the dogs, we popped into Harrogate and visited a pet shop. The conversation got round to the possibility of Minnie getting pregnant by Max and how we could prevent it. On our way out of the shop, I made the joke that 'boys will be boys' and that I'd have to watch Max. The shopkeeper lent over the counter and in a conspiratorial whisper said, "My old Gran once said to me, 'Ner trust owt wi bollocks!'" A smart lady his granny!

***

Today was Jan's birthday and the major reason for this trip. Political correctness prevents me from saying how old she is, but if we lived in an area with any buses, her new free bus pass would come in handy. And by the way, I'm her toy boy. After a lovely breakfast in Harrogate, we jumped in the car for the 3 hour journey south for lunch. Jill had invited us, together with Bar and Geoff, for a delicious lunch. The rest of the day was spent laughing and joking (don't we all look pretty in pink?). A nice way to spend your birthday.

No comments: