Saturday, October 08, 2005

Please return the goods in an undamaged state

It's been a long time since Jan and I were able to go, on our own, to Sommieres market, so today was a treat. We had nothing much in mind but bought a couple of goodies for lunch, a meat galette from the Lebanese stall, and onion bhajis, made with sweet onions from the Cevennes, from another. We met Lynne, who had left Bob in bed, she didn't say who with, who was trying to find a friend. It was a warm pleasant sunny day and the market continues to be packed. At one bar we listened to a guitar trio playing flamenco and other Spanish gypsy music. Just excellent. I got their card because if we have a party at Christmas, they would be excellent entertainment.

***

With Bar, Geoff, Harry and Jill arriving tomorrow I spent most of the afternoon cleaning the cars. I got them both into showroom condition. Is it just me, or do cars drive more smoothly and quicker, when they have been cleaned and polished? (It's just you - Ed.) They arrive in Nîmes by plane (guess who is going to pick them up?) and want to borrow the Golf. Last time Harry was here he rather carelessly demolished two tyres on his own car, so I will need to remind him that the Golf has 4 perfectly good, expensive, undamaged tyres and I would love to see them again in that condition.

***

In anticipation of setting up a video link with the UK, John, from Salisbury, has been helping me set up my computer. Voice contact using Skype was fine, but the video was not working properly, but we're getting there.

No comments: