Friday, October 28, 2005

And I thought that I came home for a rest

Just great. The computer is still playing up, as if I haven't got enough to do today. I switched it on at 09.39 and at 11.05 it was still running scandisk. Sounds like a question to this board is needed. It's amazing how displaced and uncomfortable I feel without my computer. I'm not sure what that says about me but it's a bit worrying. (Yes, you're right to worry! - Ed.) And just in case you are wondering, I'm using Jan's computer to stay in touch with the world.


***

I spent a couple of hours this morning with the LLoyds trying to sort out their pool before they leave today. Then a trip to Nîmes for a car service and to pick up Max on the way back home. I'm not sure who was the most pleased, but it's good to have him back, even if he does smell a bit (lot).

***

Eventually, during late evening, the computer loaded in Safe Mode but it runs like someone has poured treacle inside. By 23.35 I was starting to feel like giving up for the night, because every button that I clicked took minutes to respond. The CPU is working at 100% and I'm not sure why because there are no applications loaded. All very strange. Max slept like a log all evening, lucky him!

No comments: